Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Kidd Deal DONE.. Finally

The Jason Kidd deal to Dallas is done, this time for real. Kidd will be going over to the Mavs with fellow former Nets Antoine Wright and Malik Allen in exchange for Davin Harris, Desagana Diop, Trenton Hassell, Maurice Ager, semi-retired Keith Van Horn along with 2 future 1st rounders (2008 and 2010). Hassell and Van Horn were the main changes in the deal because of Jerry Stackhouse and Deveon George's complications with the original proposal. Van Horn was brought out of retirement to finalize this trade and the NBA seems to have approved everything. I've already written a piece about the original trade and this one doesn't vary too much from that one so check it out if you want to know what I think about the new composition of the West and the fantasy implications of Kidd.

Now onto something else quite exciting around the sporting world. Spring training for MLB has recently started (last Friday I believe was when players began reporting), which mean fantasy baseball is just around the corner. Yahoo! has already begun its signup of leagues so you can technically join already and practice drafting your team(s). I'm already signed up for a couple and will list my roster once I've got a team drafted. I always like some practice before I begin giving my input. Amidst all the steroid talk and investigations, baseball will continue and it's just over a month before the 2008 season begins.

No comments: